TxDLA Exhibitor Terms and Conditions
APPLICATION, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION
1. ELIGIBILITY: Products and/or services that are compatible with distance learning may be exhibited.
2. APPLICATION: Applications for booth space must be made on the form provided, completed as requested and accompanied by the required payment. TxDLA reserves the right to decline any application for space if, in TxDLA’s judgment, the products or services to be shown or demonstrated are unrelated to TxDLA’s purposes.
3. BOOTH ASSIGNMENT: TxDLA will permit corporate exhibitors to select their booth location upon receipt of contract. This will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Preferences for booth locations will be given to TxDLA Partners. TxDLA reserves the right to assign or reassign booth space so that the arrangement of the exhibit is in the best interest of attendees, sponsors, exhibitors as a group, and the exhibition as a whole.
4. PAYMENT TERMS: Exhibiting companies are required to submit payment when returning their exhibitor contract and associated paperwork. All exhibit space MUST BE PAID IN FULL by March 10, 2017. Previous booth selections will be returned to the open selection of booths if payment has not been received by March 10, 2017.
5. OUTSTANDING DEBTS: All outstanding debts owed to TxDLA must be paid prior to participation in the exhibition. If such debts remain unpaid at the time of the exhibition, TxDLA reserves the right to exclude Exhibitor from the exhibition without liability. Failure of the Conference to exercise rights under this provision will not waive the Conference's right to full collection.
6. CANCELLATION POLICY: Exhibitor cancellation made prior to January 31, 2017 will result in a loss of $100 (cancellation fee). Cancellations made after January 31, 2017, but prior to February 28, 2017, will result in a loss of 50% of total payment. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE AFTER February 28, 2017. Any applicant who fails to show and setup during the prescribed exhibit hall set-up hours agrees that their exhibit space and any amount paid shall be retained by TxDLA.
7. EXHIBITOR CHECK-IN: Exhibitors may check-in on March 28, 2017 anytime between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
8. EXHIBIT SET-UP: Exhibitors may begin set-up at 12:00 p.m. on March 28, 2017 and must be completed by 5:00 p.m.
9. PRE-EVENT MEETING: An Exhibitor’s Meeting is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. on March 28, 2017. At least one representative from each company must be present at this meeting.
10. EXHIBIT HALL SCHEDULE: The complete Exhibit Hall schedule is included in the Exhibitor Prospectus. Individuals working in the booth must have an Exhibitor Badge. Violations may cause the booth to be closed by TXDLA without refund. Holders of Exhibitor Badges may enter their booths one-hour before the official exhibit opening time each day. Earlier entry must be specially arranged with TxDLA.
11. REMOVAL OF EXHIBITS: All exhibits must remain intact until 1:30 p.m. on March 30, 2017. Vendors that violate this rule may face sanctions from future TxDLA meetings. All exhibit materials must be removed from the halls no later than 5:00 p.m., March 30, 2017.
12. DEPARTURE: After the closing of the Exhibit Hall, all related equipment, crates, trash, etc., must be removed from the premises no later than 5:00 p.m., March 30, 2017. It is the Exhibitor’s responsibility to contact the carrier of their choice to schedule pickup of their exhibits materials by 5:00 p.m., March 30, 2017. Any boxes or materials left on the show floor will become the property of TxDLA and may be discarded.
COSTS AND SERVICES
13. EXHIBITOR BOOTH PERSONNEL: Each Booth will receive one complimentary registration (instructions for registering individuals provided at a later date). Booth personnel may also register on-site. Up to three additional personnel may use the onsite provided Exhibit Hall passes (full booth packages only - NOT tabletop booths), for a total of four representatives per booth. Any additional personnel who wish to attend conference sessions, activities and meals will be charged an additional $200 registration fee. The three representatives using Exhibit Hall Passes will NOT be provided with meal tickets and will not be allowed to participate in conference activities. Meal reservations and full conference registration badges are required to attend any sessions, activities and meals. Violations may cause the booth to be closed by TxDLA without refund. Holders of exhibitor’s badges may enter their booths one-hour before the official exhibit opening time each day. Earlier entry must be specially arranged with TxDLA.
14. DECORATING SERVICES: A decorating service provider to be determined will be contracted by TxDLA, and will be the provider of the conference decorating services including all draperies, furnishings, exhibit booth labor, and drayage. Exhibit booths will be 10’ x 10’ with pipe & drape, one 6’ draped table, and two chairs. An identification sign consisting of one line of copy stating the exhibitor’s name and booth will be provided. For other services, exhibitors desiring to use contractors other than those officially appointed by TxDLA, should advise the Company AND the hotel plus submit the necessary certificates of insurance in advance so that permission may be given for the said subcontractor to operate. Exhibitors will receive a packet of pertinent information and instructions 30-60 days prior to the conference.
15. SHIPPING: The decorating service provider contracted by TxDLA will be designated as the official drayage contractor and is responsible for the unloading, delivery, reloading, and processing of exhibitors’ freight shipments. Instructions regarding how and when to ship exhibition materials will be sent to exhibitors with confirmation of their receipt of the company’s completed registration form and payment. Information on shipping methods and rates will be provided to all exhibitors in the Exhibitors Kit. All property shipped shall be at the sole risk and expense of Exhibitor. Decorating company will provide storage for incoming freight, delivery to booth, removal, storage and return of empty crates, and removal and shipment of outbound freight. All charges are based on inbound weights and must be prepaid. The address on all shipments shall include the Exhibitor's name and booth number(s).
16. ELECTRICAL POWER: The cost of a basic electrical power IS included in the cost of the FULL Exhibitor Packages (not Tabletop Package). Electrical and lighting power (standard electric usage) for Exhibit Booths above this will be provided by the hotel for an additional charge. Forms for the different electrical options will be included in the Exhibitor Service Manual sent to you by the decorating contractor. Each exhibitor must anticipate its electrical power needs fully so that all other exhibitors will be protected against power shortage. Any exhibitor who overloads or pulls more current than was ordered will be penalized to the extent that their entire electrical service will be discontinued until the necessary additional lines can be run to the booth. The exhibitor will also be required to pay all charges for having the necessary lines run to the booth. The exhibitor shall use reasonable care to prevent any interruption in electrical service. Neither TXDLA, nor their service contractors, shall be held responsible for any breakage of machinery, products or equipment, lost data or information on software, or any other loss of or damage to property, which may occur due to power surges, interruption, or general failures in power.
17. INTERNET CONNECTIVITY: Wireless internet connection will be provided for all booths. If you will need dedicated T1 Internet or wired access, the hotel will provide high-speed connectivity for an additional fee. Forms for the different network connectivity options will be included in the Exhibitor Packet sent to you by the decorating contractor. All videoconference bandwidth connections to the Internet will be at a rate of 384k or less and, scheduling of videoconference events may be required due to overall bandwidth availability.
18. DAMAGE LIABILITY: Exhibitors will not damage, mar, deface, or abuse any wall, ceiling, floor, equipment or any other structure belonging to the exhibit hall, TXDLA or any service contractor in any manner. This includes, but is not limited to, damage by use of nails, tacks, hooks, screws, or adhesives of any nature. Exhibitors are solely liable for any such damage. It is also understood that neither TxDLA nor Hotel shall be responsible for or liable to Exhibitor for any loss resulting from any lack of heat, water, lights, or air conditioning due to the failure of any of this equipment to operate or function properly through no fault or act of TxDLA or Hotel.
19. SECURITY: TxDLA will not provide security for the exhibits. As such, Exhibitor understands and agrees that TxDLA is not liable for the acts or omissions of any security service and its employees which is alleged to be the cause of theft, damage or other loss to Exhibitor's property.
20. INSURANCE: Exhibitor understands and agrees that neither TxDLA nor Hotel maintains insurance covering Exhibitor's property and it is the sole responsibility of Exhibitor to obtain sufficient insurance coverage for such property.
21. AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT : Exhibitor warrants that its planned exhibition design and use of booth space at the Conference will be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and hereby accepts full responsibility for compliance with the ADA. Furthermore, Exhibitor will notify TxDLA and Hotel in writing of any disabled person(s) affiliated with Exhibitor who may be attending the Conference and specify the special needs of such person should they exist. Such notice shall be given as soon as Exhibitor learns such person(s) will be attending the Conference.
22. DEMONSTRATIONS: Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own far-end support. The exhibiting company must provide all equipment for demonstration with the exception of a laptop computer, data projector, and screen.
23. AUDIO/VISUALS: Use of audiovisuals will be permitted if they are confined to products, services, techniques or applications directly associated with that exhibitor’s product or services. Exhibitors will provide all A/V equipment and cabling related to their booth, unless negotiated separately and directly with the hotel or through the decorating services company. Exhibitors are solely responsible for compliance with all copyright laws and requirements for royalties for use of any audio or visual material. Exhibitors will indemnify TxDLA for any expenses or damages incurred as a result of noncompliance by exhibitors with regard to such laws and requirements.
24. USE OF SOUND DEVICES: Use of sound slides, videotape, loud speakers or other sound devices is subject to the approval of TxDLA. The sound volume must be maintained at a level that avoids interference with neighboring exhibitors. When objections are raised, it may be necessary for TxDLA to either prohibit the use of such offending sound devices or to limit its operation.
25. MOTION PICTURES AND SLIDES: Use of slides and videotapes will be permitted if they are confined to products, services, techniques or applications directly associated with that exhibitor’s product or services. Exhibitors are solely responsible for compliance with all copyright laws and requirements for royalties for use of any audio or visual material. Exhibitors will indemnify TxDLA for any expenses or damages incurred as a result of noncompliance by exhibitors with regard to such laws and requirements.
26. SIGNS-ILLUMINATIONS: The use of flashing signs or other lighting effects that cause unpleasant reflections or interfere with other exhibitors and ADA compliance is prohibited.
27. BEVERAGES AND FOOD: Hotel does not permit distribution of food and beverages by exhibitors within their booths unless the exhibitor has purchased said items through catering within the facility.
28. DRESS CODE: No dress code is required, but casual attire is requested.
29. SOCIAL FUNCTIONS: TxDLA requests exhibitors to not schedule their own social functions during exhibition hours. Social functions may be scheduled as a sponsored attendee event and coordinated through the Entertainment Committee and Conference Chair.
30. OBSCENITY: Obscene or vulgar language emanating from a booth either by Exhibitor or other devices will not be tolerated. TxDLA reserves the right to prohibit the use of such language and to remove any exhibitor from the floor who uses such language.
GROUNDS FOR CONTRACT TERMINATION BY TXDLA
31. RIGHT TO EJECT EXHIBITORS: Exhibitor understands and agrees that their attendance and participation at the exhibition must comply with all provisions of this Contract. If TxDLA determines Exhibitor is in breach of this Contract, TxDLA may terminate this Contract and eject Exhibitor from the show floor without a refund or liability to TxDLA. Exhibitor understands that a condition of exhibiting is adhering to proper exhibitor conduct at all times while participating in the show. Proper conduct includes, but is not limited to: exhibitor staying within the confines of his/her designated booth space and not walking the aisles or exhibit floor, occupying another exhibitor's booth, or distributing materials outside the designated booth area. Such activity will be deemed improper conduct and will be grounds for the exhibitor being removed from the exhibit floor at TxDLA’s sole discretion.
32. VIOLATIONS: The interpretation and application of these terms and conditions and documents incorporated by reference are the sole responsibility of TXDLA. Violation by applicant of these terms and conditions shall subject the applicant to cancellation of its contract to occupy booth space and to retention by TXDLA of all monies paid. TxDLA reserves the right to restrict exhibits which become objectionable because of noise, operational methods, rules violations, or any other reason and may prohibit or evict any exhibit, which in TxDLA’s sole opinion, may detract from the general character of the exhibition as a whole. In the event of such restriction or eviction, TxDLA will not be liable for any refunds or expenses of applicant. If TxDLA must engage an attorney to collect amounts due under this agreement, applicant agrees to pay all reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred by TxDLA.